Regional DE-Institutionalisation Expert (f/m/d)
SOS Children’s Villages International (SOS CVI) is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education and health. The organisation also advocates for children’s rights.
For the Regional project “A Right to Family-De-Institutionalization to Reform Child Protection Systems in Albania, Armenia, Belarus, North Macedonia and Ukraine – De-I “ funded by the BMZ we are seeking a committed
Regional DE-Institutionalisation Expert (f/m/d)
Task and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical expertise to countries´ project teams in planning and implementation of actions related to child welfare reforms and de-institutionalisation
- Proposes and leads the development of a methodology for assessment of national financing systems in 5 countries, proposes recommendations and advise MAs in formulation of advocacy actions.
- Contributes in the development of a methodology with focus on planning, implementation and monitoring of public awareness/advocacy campaigns. Advise countries in implementation of actions tailored to each national context.
- Participates in relevant meetings, roundtables, workshops and negotiations related to DI to support implementation of the project
Monitoring and evaluation
- Contributes in the development of a system for monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Monitors key indicators, draw trends, identify risks and propose countermeasures.
- Contributes in the preparation of periodic reports in a quality and timely manner in line with donor requirements.
- Provides and facilitates tailored capacity building for national project teams with focus in de-institutionalisation and child welfare reforms.
- Provides on-going support, coaching and mentoring to national project teams to implement actions with focus on child care reforms and deinstitutionalisation.
Learning and Knowledge management
- Keeps up-to-date on external developments and DE-I practises in the countries and in the region and share relevant information with project teams.
- Documents and distributes lessons learned and good practices to enhance learning across countries.
- Facilitates internal and external knowledge sharing among national project teams, including organisation of conferences, regular physical/virtual exchange meetings, building of partnerships and study visits, production of booklets.
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Responsible to ensure Programme support in cases where the Child Safeguarding incidents are linked with Care quality issues
- University degree in social sciences, social work, public policy or administration (Master’s degree in the relevant field would be an advantage);
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in supporting the process of deinstitutionalization and reform of the child welfare systems in CEE/CIS. Successful track record of working experience in provision of technical assistance and policy advise to governments, preferably as part of the donor funded projects (WB, ADB, BMZ, USAID or EU) aimed at deinstitutionalisation of care services, is an asset.
- Experience in assessments of child protection systems, needs assessment, service planning, budgeting and financing through public funding and service transformation processes.
- Experience in project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of children rights, deinstitutionalisation processes and child protection systems and policies in CEE/CIS countries
- Experience in organising and holding workshops, meetings and trainings
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of Russian is an added advantage
- Willingness to travel up to 20-30%.
Personal Competencies :
- Understanding of central-regional-local government interaction and community based service-delivery
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time;
- Efficient task prioritization and time management;
- Flexibilty to work both in a team and independently;
- Ability to work under time pressure;
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking;
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent travel in the region
- Ability to work in a (virtual) team and to establish good working relations with people of different national and cultural background
- Strong analytical, report writing, communication, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
Versatile and challenging assignment in an international working environment where professional and human competence is in the foreground
Provision of Contract:
The successful candidate will be based in one of counties where project is implemented, Ukraine, Northen Macedonia, Albania or Armenia on a full-time basis, till end of project 30.04.2025, with three months of probation period.
Interested? To apply please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) by 29 October 2021 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Regional DE-Institutionalisation Expert”.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.